How to Lock and Unlock Aadhar Card
Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents in our country today. It has every information related to an individual. Keeping the data safe has become most important more so now than before.
Way Of Lock And Unlock Aadhar Card
There are a couple of ways to lock and unlock your Aadhar Card to prevent misuse. There is biometric data stored in Aadhar Cards which are very sensitive and if reached to wrong hands can cause huge loss to the owner of the Aadhar card.
The biometrics details include fingerprints, eyes (iris) details and photo identity. This information is essentially used for Aadhar card verification. In this era of digitization data is the most valuable and sensitive commodity. On one hand digitization of data gives easy us access and connectivity but there is a downside of that if not secured properly. Hence there are some provisions introduced to help secure this data.
You can lock it through two platforms- the UIDAI website or the mAadhaar app.
Steps to lock and unlock biometrics through UIDAI website:
- You can visit https://uidai.gov.in/ to lock/unlock your Aadhaar card biometrics on the website.
2. Start by entering your 12 digit Aadhaar number and the security code.,After entering the Aadhar number and the security code click on the “Send OTP” tab.
3. A very secure password will be sent to your mobile via SMS.,After entering the OTP and click on “Verify.,
4. A section “Enable Biometric Locking” will appear. Click on it and click “Enable”
- To unlock the biometrics data, you just need to visit the website and login and click on “disable biometric locking” section.
Steps to lock and unlock biometrics through the mAadhaar app:
- You must use your Aadhaar card database-registered mobile number to use this app.
- After downloading the app, you have to log in with your Aadhaar number, followed by OTP for authentication and set a new password.
- You will see a tap on ‘Biometric lock,’ on the top right side.
- You have to enter your password to lock the biometrics.
- After the data is locked, a small lock icon will be shown next to your profile.
- To unlock the data, the same icon has to be tapped followed by your password.
- The information remains unlocked for 10 minutes. After that, it will be locked again.
UIDAI has launched this app exclusively for Android users through which they can lock and unlock the biometric information conveniently. Once locked, this information ensures that even the Aadhaar holder would not be able to use their biometric data (iris scan and fingerprints) for authentication until it is unlocked.
If you try to use this information without unlocking it, an error code 330 will be shown. Users should note that even with the biometric locked; they would be able to continue to use the OTP-based authentication process for transactions. Here they will receive OTPs on their registered mobile number and email address. Securing the biometric details is very important and is encouraged for every individual.
Now A day UIDAI also Launce Masked Aadhar for Advance Security of aadhar card